When you have:
- a web page
- 2 DataGridViews (parent/child relationship)
- user wants to insert a new record into parent grid
- parent grid has datasource set to Nothing so that EmptyDataTemplate shows
- EmptyDataTemplate contains a DetailView
- user fills in fields and clicks Insert
- the parent record saves correctly; and
- the page refreshes; but
- an error occurs because the child grid is linked to an empty Parent grid.
- No amount of fiddling with the SelectedItem property of the Parent grid seems to work.
- Hide the second grid until the user manually makes a selection on the Parent grid.