- Develop a solution concept
- Business goals represent what the customer wants to achieve through the solution.
- Solution Concept consists of: initial approach; success factors; security requirements; initial functionality
- Envisioning: User profiles; purpose and direction; usage scenarios
- Envisioning = Project Structure; Risk Assessment; Vision/Scope (not Functional Spec).
- Analyze the feasibility of the solution
- Vision/scope document contains list of features that have been excluded from scope (not the Functional Spec).
- Analyze and refine the scope of the solution project
- The Project Structure doc typically includes administrative structure of the team, deliverables of the team and tentative schedule.
- Logical design consist of: define solution; illustrate how it works; prove framework
- Identify key project risks
- Final Decision Maker: Program Management (not Project Management)
- Program Manager: create list of needed resources; compare to existing; decide how to acquire
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Exam 70-300 Objective 1
Tested myself on Exam 70-300 (Analyzing Requirements and Defining Microsoft .NET Solution Architectures) Objective 1 (Envisioning the Solution) and received only 57%. I've got a bit of study to do, specifically: