Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 09 – What OS/distribution do you run?

Telecom Common Operating Environment policy is (n-1) which means “the latest version minus 1”.  During the Vista years, this meant we stayed on XP (a wise decision, as it turned out).  Now that Windows 7 is here, we eagerly anticipate the roll out of Win7 shortly (SP1 is already out, I believe – thus satisfying N-1).

At home, I bought one of those HP Mini Notebooks that was on special at Tech-Ed 2008 which came with Windows 7.  This compact PC is the most powerful box in the house.

I don’t get much chance to code at home anymore, so my work laptop is my main system.

Distribution?  I guess I’m always RTM.  I don’t install Betas, as a rule (although Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Beta 9 was a killer app, for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment