Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 14 – Favourite computer conference?

There can be only one: Microsoft Tech-Ed.

Specifically, 2005 was a very good year: SQL Server & Visual Studio both came out at the same time.

I’ve also attended Code Camps (free, community-led, Microsoft-sponsored weekend events).  These are cool, too.  Buy only Tech-Ed brings together the big names down under.  I get to go every three years (our team rotates the privilege).  My last one was 2008.  I’m hoping that the current economic conditions don’t prevent me from attending this year.

I love the ability to audit various streams of IT: Database, Web, Windows, Visual Studio, Security.  And if I get bored with all that, I can just mosey into a lab and teach myself the latest patterns.  Outstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment