Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 11 – Favourite hacking environment – music, light, seating, etc

  1. I never hack.  I wouldn’t know how.  All my programming is legitimate; always has been.
  2. Therefore my favourite programming environment is at my office, because working at home has too many distractions.
  3. Music – Dire Straits, Private Investigations or anything from their Wellington concert c-1985.
  4. Light – plenty of it; although I am a touch-typist, I still need to be able to read the various function keys.
  5. Seating – Telecom just bought the Life chairs (approx. $500-$1000 each, depending on who you’re talking to).  They do me very nicely, thank you very much.
  6. Keyboard – Microsoft Ergonomic.
  7. Mouse – Wireless
  8. Monitors – Dual, of course.  Oh, I forgot to mention that in a previous post; that I have something like a 29” widescreen LCD secondary monitor.  Better than my television at home!
  9. Broadband – need I mention it?  Absolutely essential, because “Google is my friend.”  It’s absolutely impossible to know every pattern, so the ability to quickly search for them online is a God-send.

No comments:

Post a Comment