I am starting to be groomed for a Lead Developer role. Unfortunately, this means more more admin and less programming, but I’m starting to become more comfortable with that. After we hired @BlackMael, it dawned on me that:
- I’ll never be as talented as some other people in all areas;
- If I had three of him, I could lead some fantastic projects.
So, I’m starting to take on the following new responsibilities:
- Project Management including resource availability and scheduling;
- Incident Management including defect tracking and bug fixing;
- Problem Management including root cause analysis;
- Customer Management including fronting the team;
- Vendor Management including licensing, support agreements and service level agreements; and
- Staff Management including conducting interviews;
Sounds like I’m ready for a step up to management. It’s been approx. 8 years since I shut down Mana Information Systems Limited. it sounds like I’ve increased my management abilities since then.